We are fortunate to measure our relationships with clients and candidates in years – even decades – rather than weeks. But yet we meet new and up-and-coming candidates every day. This goes to show that we offer a valuable service and achieve successful outcomes. However, we think it says even more about the values that motivate us. Our clients know they can trust us to do business the right way because we have set high standards for ourselves and strive to live up to them every day.
- Depth of knowledge: Our focus is on the communications profession. We work tirelessly to keep current on hiring trends, personnel moves and broader business developments affecting senior communicators worldwide.
- Seeking win-win outcomes: Communications is a small world, and we do everything we can to make a positive impact. This means ensuring that we connect clients with candidates who will be productive employees over the long term. However, it also means supporting candidates at all levels of the profession and helping them to make good decisions that serve their own career goals.
- Integrity: Forging deep, genuine personal relationships is at the heart of what we do. Decency. Honesty. Reliability. Ethics. These aren’t just words to us; they are the foundation of everything we do. We treat candidates with respect whether they are the right fit for a client or not.
- Discretion: Personnel decisions are sensitive matters for clients and candidates alike. They depend on us to maintain confidentiality, and we take that responsibility seriously.
- Diversity: We are committed to building a communications profession that reflects the broader society. In addition to presenting slates of candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, we support industry-wide initiatives to address the lack of diversity in communications.
- Giving back to the profession: Every week, we have conversations with hundreds of senior communicators. We know the challenges they face and the issues they care about. That puts us in a unique position to comment on trends in the profession, and we feel it is our responsibility to do so. That is why Heyman Associates actively supports the work of organizations like The Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations at the University of Alabama and the Institute for Public Relations.